View Full Version : DOC to EPUB: Shapes > Line Tool

witch_wyzwurd
11-27-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm using Microsoft Word 2010 to author a book and am planning on using the Shapes > Line Tool in Mic Word 2010 to box in words. Will EPUB devices be able to see the lines exactly as I have made them in my .doc file? The lines will wrap around stacked words in a labyrinth or maze style, so it's not just a simple box or straight line in one direction.

I have never made an epub file, so generally will any formatting in a .doc/.docx file convert to .epub?

Fabe
11-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Will EPUB devices be able to see the lines exactly as I have made them in my .doc file?
No, not at all.

witch_wyzwurd
11-28-2010, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the reply. Yes you are in agreement with another response I got over at Word Forums.

I could create the Word Stack diagrams in a Graphic program and save as a .gif file I guess. Do graphics position and look good on eBook Readers, such as Kindle or Nook?

Fabe
11-28-2010, 09:26 AM
1. I could create the Word Stack diagrams in a Graphic program and save as a .gif file I guess.
2.Do graphics position and look good on eBook Readers, such as Kindle or Nook?

1. Save each graphic as jpeg, 72dpi, quality <200. They will look fine on ereaders.
2. Position = left or center. If fine going in, they will be fine on reader. One caveat, some ereaders are in B&W and do not display color.
- Fabe