View Full Version : Book Test

MR. Pockets
11-20-2010, 10:38 PM
I have a friend looking at getting an ereader for reading PDF scans of old church texts. I suggested he check out the eDge but he can't where he lives.
He said that this book (http://books.google.com/books?id=E-4UAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA3#v=onepage&q&f=false) (googlebooks) is pretty normal for what he wants to read. Could someone try it out and tell me how well it displays?

borisb
11-21-2010, 10:18 AM
It looks exactly like on the website - full size, super clear, beautiful.

Attached is a slightly blurry photo taken using my (crappy) phone.

Note that this is a full-sized eDGe, not the smaller Pocket eDGe. If you're dealing with PDFs, I recommend the larger eDGe so that you can read the PDFs easily.

pendragginp
11-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Actually I was surprised at how well I can read PDFs on the Pocket. Click Reflow first, then enlarge the text until it's comfortable. I haven't used this with books with charts yet though.

Gunnerp245
11-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Click Reflow first, then enlarge the text until it's comfortable. I haven't used this with books with charts yet though.

Reflow will not work on image PDFs. In those books which include tables, charts and/or graphics, reflow 'will' enlarge the text but not display the tables, charts and graphics.

pendragginp
11-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Ah. There we are then.