View Full Version : All forum limitations removed!!!

Alexander Turcic
09-17-2003, 11:45 AM
Hello everyone!

You probably have noticed my lack of activity in the past weeks. The truth is, I was very busy with other projects (professional and private). Above all, my girlfriend from the US had spent some months with me, and just left again.

But I haven't given up yet :rolleyes: - expect changes here soon! In the meantime, I hope you appreciate the fact that I will remove all forum limitations now.

Unregistered members have full read rights - to post something you need to register.

Keep in mind that your "Mobile Geek" status will still come handy as soon as my planned changes for turcic.com are in place :D :D

As always all the best,

Alex

PS: If you are good in web design, you could really make a difference here by helping me out! I know the tech tools (php, xhtml, ...), but when it comes to picking colors, I suck (proof at http://www.turcic.com).

sUnShInE
09-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Um, what's wrong with the colors?

Maybe I suck? ;)

cbarnett
09-17-2003, 08:51 PM
I *like* the colour scheme too.... What's that say about me then? :D

Alexander Turcic
09-17-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by sUnShInE
Um, what's wrong with the colors?

Maybe I suck? ;)
Originally posted by cbarnett
I *like* the colour scheme too.... What's that say about me then? :D
Heh, ok, maybe it is not just the colors. Though some people wrote me emails that the main pages were difficult to read on their browsers.

Web design (the actual design like layouting, coloring, choice of font etc) is not my strength. I prefer to do the work behind the scenes, like programming interfaces. It will take some more time until I can come up with a decent new design by myself, *unless* someone here can work with me together on something new :cool:

Griff
09-19-2003, 02:09 AM
Don't feel so bad...I am in the same boat...can do anything with the tools except create something that looks great.

Good move removing the limitations, I think it will go a long way to keeping the site open.

Alexander Turcic
09-20-2003, 11:39 AM
I noticed that the 'Community' Section still had some view restrictions for unregistered users. Fixed now.

brahamt
09-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Alexander,

Who's better than you?

Alexander Turcic
09-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by brahamt
Alexander,

Who's better than you? Heh I'd say anyone who is better with picking colors is also better than me :) Seriously, I think I am a poor nerd who knows how to write programs in any language, but who doesn't have a clue how to design a pleasant looking web page :(

brahamt
09-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Actually, I like the design. It is clean and uncluttered. Just the way I like it.

BTW, the answer to my question is noone.