View Full Version : :OT: The cheapest android tablet capable of running Angry Birds

Dopedangel
10-30-2010, 11:39 AM
I know this is off topic for this forum but some of you do have these cheap tablets
I can't use my phone much at home as my 3yr old cousin is always playing the bird game on it. If their is a cheap tablet out their maybe I could get my phone back.

Fif23
10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
300 bucks can buy a lot of Ritalin..

kennyc
11-02-2010, 06:17 PM
50 grand a year can buy a lot of beer..

Blinded me with science....

animedude01
11-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Maybe just delete the game from your phone? :D

Or maybe say no? ;)

lotrfan
06-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Well you may want to consider the new Pandigital Planet tablet. According to several users at slatedroid it plays angry birds and even though it has a resistive screen it seems to support limited multitouch like pinch and zoom. If you can get a 30% off coupon from kohls the price is about $140 and may be even less with rebates etc. BTW it seems to be way better than the previous Pandigital Novel (which I own and like very much).
Here is the link to their forum on this tablet:

http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/211-pandigital-planet/

Jabby
06-24-2011, 02:22 PM
I know this is off topic for this forum but some of you do have these cheap tablets
I can't use my phone much at home as my 3yr old cousin is always playing the bird game on it. If their is a cheap tablet out their maybe I could get my phone back.

I don't know what is cheap but you can look at this one.

http://www.adorama.com/CYMID70244G.html

Mine came with Angry Birds and I've had good luck dealing with this company.

Regards - John

Serena
06-24-2011, 02:49 PM
www.woot.com

Today only! I don't have experience with this particular tablet, but my husband has an older Archos, and it works very well.

tomereader
06-25-2011, 02:40 AM
play the free online chrome version, and get your phone back?

http://chrome.angrybirds.com/

Valkrider
06-25-2011, 03:07 AM
Have a look at the android tablet forum there is some coverage there of which tablets it plays on. The problem is Android is tweaked by the tablet manufacturers and as a result some don't play some games. For instance my tablet plays Angry Birds fine BUT it won't play Angry Birds Rio :(

Andanzas
06-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Dopedangel posted his question almost a year ago. I suspect he already found his tablet.

Dopedangel
06-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Actually I didn't I took the easy option and installed it on his mother's Iphone now its her problem. ;)

Namekuseijin
06-26-2011, 04:32 PM
get him a Nintendo DS. Much more and better games than that Appleish piece of crap. It's also cheaper than any tablet and features physical buttons (thank God!)...

Dopedangel
06-27-2011, 07:23 AM
get him a Nintendo DS. Much more and better games than that Appleish piece of crap. It's also cheaper than any tablet and features physical buttons (thank God!)...

I did buy him a ds for his birthday just last month he is very happy with it I went with the large sized one instead of the normal one as I feel at his age better not
to teach him to squint.

anabolina
06-27-2011, 12:32 PM
ITA, the DSL is cheap and you can play a lot of different games on it. My nephew is 4 years old and when he was visiting 6 months ago, I let him play with my phone and he dropped it several times(thankfully causing no damage). :-( The next time he visited I was smart and charged the DSL and kept a racing game in it. And the time he visited after that my sister bought him a DSL and we played Mario Kart against each other. fun times...

Still, I at first looked for preschooler specific games in the market and was disappointed by the lack of variety.