View Full Version : Get the HTC Droid Incredible for Free

daffy4u
10-27-2010, 03:45 PM
From Rick Broida at CNet (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20020867-58.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheCheapskate):

Starting today, Wirefly has the Droid Incredible for free when you sign up for a two-year Verizon contract. The offer is good for both new and existing Verizon customers, and even for add-a-lines and family plans (meaning you could get up to five Incredibles for free).

Shipping is free, though you will see a $35 activation fee (per phone) on your first bill from Verizon.

Last year, I got my Palm Pre for free through a similar deal. Those of you thinking of getting a new Android phone might want to check this out. :)

=X=
10-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Nice find daffy. Also Amazon wireless (http://wireless.amazon.com) also has many of the same specials. But they don't offer phones for free you have to pay $0.01

I guess that makes them the Diet Pepsi of Evil.

=X=

TomF
11-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Best Buy has Free Phone Fridays where they pick various phones and they're free. On 10/29 the Droid Incredible was free so I bought one for $0.00. I paid $45.95 tax and a $35.00 activation fee.

As a bonus, because I had been in earlier in the day and was told that there wouldn't be any tax, I got a $20 gift card when it turned out they had to charge tax. Turns out that the last three Fridays there was a glitch in the system and they didn't charge tax so the sales person was under the impression that there wasn't any tax.

This was a few bucks more than Amazon ($79.99, no tax, no activation fee), but they couldn't deliver until 11/29. Amazon also has a separate agreement that you have to keep the phone activated for 181 days.

Awesome phone, BTW!

MV64
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
So they're not free, they're $35. I hate cell phone companies andthe way they shift around cost.

tubemonkey
11-09-2010, 12:16 PM
So they're not free, they're $35. I hate cell phone companies andthe way they shift around cost.

They're even more not free, since you're required to buy a data plan whether you want it or not.

so-called free Incredible + 2-year forced data plan @ $30/mo x 24 mo = $720

If I remember my grade school math correctly, $720 does NOT equal free.