Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 04:43 AM   #1
jolfc
Enthusiast
jolfc began at the beginning.

Device: nook glow light
amazon kindle pc app

right I may appear stupid here, but is it safe to download the amazon pc app onto my laptop as I dont have a kindle reader, but there are some kindle titles I want to buy from amazon uk. also can i transfer these books onto my sony prs505- as I say sorry if I appear very thick.lol.in advance.
I apologise if there is a thread elsewhere on this subject.
jolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:32 AM   #2
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
There's no issue with installing the Kindle PC app on your laptop, but you won't be able to transfer the books to your Sony if they've got DRM (most have).
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 05:33 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What do you mean by "safe"? Safe in what sense?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
jolfc
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What do you mean by "safe"? Safe in what sense?
sorry I meant that is it a safe download as I once did a download and got a problem on my laptop-that was a media player.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:43 AM   #5
jolfc
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
There's no issue with installing the Kindle PC app on your laptop, but you won't be able to transfer the books to your Sony if they've got DRM (most have).
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolfc View Post
sorry I meant that is it a safe download as I once did a download and got a problem on my laptop-that was a media player.
Oh, yes, it's entirely safe in that sense.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:47 AM   #7
jolfc
Enthusiast

QUOTE=HarryT;1184508]Oh, yes, it's entirely safe in that sense.[/QUOTE]

I also have no worries about paying as I have used amazon many times and I assume that the payment will just come of my cc I have registered with them.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It is safe, and for DRM (encryption) see pc kindle book to sony prs-650 ?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #9
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
The Kindle apps are standalone. They act like a reader and don't talk to a real Kindle at all. Nothing stopping you from buying books for the Kindle apps either. They'll just get linked to your Amazon account and if/when you get a real Kindle or install the app elsewhere, you'll get all your Kindle store books there as well.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote