Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Kindle 4 Pseudofantasy: How you want it?

What I would like to see is:
1. Touch screen.
2. Really paper-like contrast.
3. Wifi connection enabled on Ad-hoc connections.
4. Highly improved PDF support with reflow support.
5. Some features of PDA and more free games!

What you would like to see in Kindle 4?
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I do not want touch screen. Why? I hate figure prints on my screens. I do wish for better pdf capability. But this is a ebook reader and I do not wish to surf the internet with it and no to the games. I read books not play games. I believe the contrast will get better. But to be honest I like the screen the way it is.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I do not want touch screen. Why? I hate figure prints on my screens.
Some e-readers have really good anti-fingerprint screen. Amazon can do it. I wonder why you don't want touch screen for dictionary, PDF zoom, underlining and highlights, annotation and notes, adding tasks to calendar, and swiping finger on screen to go next page. Sony does it good. But Kindle will look better on that.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
I want it to analyze my life, solve all my problems and Cost £1.00,

OH yes I'd like it to display eBooks !

Given the form factor of the K3 I know it would be very difficult, but I'd like a card reader,

AND True Folders ....

That's it really .... That's all I want !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
Bill Lumburgh
Enthusiast
Bill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipse

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by patilsaurabhr View Post
Some e-readers have really good anti-fingerprint screen. Amazon can do it.
I think the issue may actually turn out to be not so much "can we do it?" or "should we do it?", but rather "can we do it at $150 or less?". I know a lot of people who would like to give eBook readers a try outside of the usual "early adopter"/IT crowd and from a business point of view, it probably makes more sense to focus on that (fairly large) group. That's why I think price is going to be a bigger selling point than new features. An eBook reader priced around the $100 mark would put it in "impulse buy" territory for a lot of people.

Another question is, of course, whether Amazon wants to go the "loss leader" route with the Kindle when it's easy to buy eBooks from a competitor that can then be converted and read on the Kindle.
Bill Lumburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
mrzerga
Connoisseur
mrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the rough

Device: kindle 3 wifi - love it
i am sorry to ruin this thread like that, but

bam!: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102363
7 pages of wants, needs, desires and so on.
mrzerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
My wishlist for Kindle4, in prioritized order:

ePub support with DRM-stripping capabilities.
(micro)SD card slot.
Splash and sand proof.
Priced at US$ 100-ish (I don't really need 3G, though Wi-Fi is nice).
Colour eInk.

Well, that should generally sum up what I'd like. I'm not a very demanding person
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I do not want touch screen. Why? I hate figure prints on my screens. I do wish for better pdf capability. But this is a ebook reader and I do not wish to surf the internet with it and no to the games. I read books not play games. I believe the contrast will get better. But to be honest I like the screen the way it is.
I agree entirely, I just want to read my books... I deffo do not want a touch screen, very fussy about any marks at all, they just lead to distraction. 99% happy with the way it is, I would like the option to remove the Locations bar, would definitely be a more immersive reading experience.
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
dougmwpsu
Enthusiast
dougmwpsu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
1. no touch screen.
2. whiter, more paper-like background
3. same screen size, higher resolution.
4. photo color that has zero impact on b&w readability.
5. a nice classy picture frame and kickstand.
dougmwpsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #10
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
And an UNBREAKABLE screen !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #11
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I don't want a touch screen either. Unless it can be made completely impervious to fingerprints, which it can't at this point.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
"Folders" and "sub-folders" instead of "Collections"

Oh, the JoY!!!!!!!
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #13
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Foldable, to go in pocket.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #14
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Most of my wishes are matters of software. (I "miss" the pages other ereaders show instead of locations/ I often wish I had a simple text notepad; and I'd love to be able to "bookmark" a whole book or document, so we can jump to it from within another book. Library support would be nice, too.)

The only hardware change I wish for all the time is a simple switch for TTS. I usually need it most when I'm not feeling well and wake up and want it to read to me.
It would be wonderful to just flip a switch to turn it on, instead of navigating the dialog or finding and pressing those 2 tiny keys when I'm shaky and it's dark.

That's probably not big on most lists, but it would really make my day.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:30 AM   #15
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
IMO they should remove the keyboard/buttons and use a touch pad w/lcd on the bottom in place of the keypad. Use this for various features, including interactive menus and keypad. Also use this touchpad for joystick/selecting stuff on screen, and gesture page turns/hotspots.
Include stylus for optional use.

Would also like to see a standard SDHC slot (not micro).

Standard linux distro would be nice selling point.
Should make it more like the palm tungsten
Should have standard reader software, browser, calendar/organizer
Word processor would also be nice to have
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote