View Full Version : Book Designer Wiki Started

RWood
04-07-2007, 05:23 PM
OK group, the base of a Book Designer Wiki has been started. There is a link to it off the Wiki Conversion Software page or you can get there directly at http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Book_Designer

Some of it was clipped from posts in MobileRead and there are still many areas that need help. I felt it was better to start it now and let everyone add their own rather than keep it all here and hope I could put everything in at once.

Comments, feedback, and other contributions are always welcome.

Bob Russell
04-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Really great job!

While it certainly can and hopefully will grow, I'd say it's much more than just a "start" - it's already a fantastic source of information! :)

Alexander Turcic
04-07-2007, 08:55 PM
What a wonderful tutorial!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I went ahead and did a very few minor corrections. Hope this is OK with you, RWood.

RWood
04-08-2007, 12:03 AM
What a wonderful tutorial!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I went ahead and did a very few minor corrections. Hope this is OK with you, RWood.I wondered who that mystery stranger was. :D Thanks. A good editor is always welcome as it is often hard to see the problems with your own writing.

Alexander Turcic
04-08-2007, 12:06 AM
I wondered who that mystery stranger was. :D Thanks. A good editor is always welcome as it is often hard to see the problems with your own writing.
Oops, I forgot to sign in.

ashkulz
04-08-2007, 03:38 AM
Is there something like BookDesigner for linux? I don't want to start VMWare everytime I want to convert a book ... :-)

RWood
04-08-2007, 07:51 PM
BookDesigner is the best general tool I know of for creating LRF books for the Sony Reader. There are other tools that can also create LRF books but they seem to require far more extensive knowledge of markup languages. There are a few in Python that should run on linux that may use HTML as a source code. Try the MobileRead Wiki Conversion page and check a few out.

UncleDuke
04-09-2007, 12:53 PM
thanks. good start. i like the quick + dirty section.