Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
dzx
dzx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Purchase UK titles in the US?

First off - Hey folks; brand new here. Finally made the jump to ebooks and am now the happy owner of a Kindle3. I'm very new to the ebook world and this forum looks like it will be a fantastic resource. Thanks in advance to those who will help me along.

Now, the issue at hand:
I'm dissapointed to find that some of my very favorite books are available in kindle format - but only in the UK! (I'm in the US). An example is a large amount of Iain Bank's catalog - titles such as "Whit" and "The Crow Road" are offered to UK folks but not here in the US.

The big question: is there some way for me to obtain these titles for my own collection? And how do I go about doing this?

Now, I do NOT want to hack the system, do anything illegal, get something for free that I should pay for, or anything like that. Also, I've noticed that some titles ARE available in both the UK and the US, but the UK price is lower - my purpose is not "how do I go about paying the cheaper price?". It's simply that I want a particular title. I'm perfectly fine with paying the US price.

So, if something like "Whit" DOES exist as a kindle book but is not available from Amazon for US based buyers - how do I get it?

thanks, dzx.
dzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Hi dxz
I'm just going to refer you back to another thread which refers to a couple of more threads so you can read through.

Go US to UK is the same process described except in reverse. You are a US customer wanting access to another region's availability......

Whether or not you want to do this is up to you.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102194
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert