View Full Version : Audible for Android

bjones6416
10-10-2010, 01:28 PM
I downloaded the "Audible for Android" app onto my LG Ally phone this morning. I've already got both Kindle for Android and Aldiko on it, but I decided to try out the Audible app since I'm a long-time Audible member and have a bunch of books in my library there.

It seems to work pretty well. It's like the Kindle app in that you can download books from your library as you need them, then delete them off of the device to save space when you've finished listening. It has a sleep timer, which is a big plus for me since I like to go to sleep listening to a book. And finally, it works great through my bluetooth earpiece. That's handy when I'm somewhere that I need to pretend to be paying attention! :p

kennyc
10-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks for that Betty!

bjones6416
10-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks for that Betty!

You're welcome! If you try it, let me know, because the other morning the phone was locked up when I got up, and I had to turn it off and back on to get it going again. :( It didn't want to come out of the Audible sleep mode for some reason.

It was fine yesterday, though, so maybe it was just a glitch.

fjtorres
12-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Anybody know where the Audible App might be found, other than the Marketplace?
A friend of mine is looking to get an Android tablet for XMAS and she's a BIG Audible fan but I haven't had much luck finding the non-beta release.

It's odd, really; the Kindle app can be found all over but Audible (also owned by Amazon) is limited to the marketplace.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Xanthe
12-16-2010, 09:00 PM
I sent a request to Audible asking them if they could put a direct download of the program on their site. I'd like to put it on my modded PDN, but I don't have Android Market on it, and my cell phone is Symbian not Android based. :(

fjtorres
12-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Considering the function of the program is to *sell* audiobooks, you'd think they'd be actively pushing it through all channels.
Overdrive truly gets it; they put their Android app right on the website and told everybody about it.

SCION
12-16-2010, 10:49 PM
I've made the Audible app available in my public Dropbox for the convenience of those in this thread. I'll remove the link soon.

LINK REMOVED

fjtorres
12-17-2010, 08:54 AM
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Oodles of real world good Karma to you ma'am.:thumbsup:
(Plus the MR kind, too.)

SCION
12-17-2010, 09:47 AM
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Oodles of real world good Karma to you ma'am.:thumbsup:
(Plus the MR kind, too.)

Thanks! You're welcome. :)

Xanthe
12-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks a bunch, SCION! :dtw:

SCION
12-17-2010, 12:43 PM
You're welcome. I know how frustrating it can be not being able to find a free app when you don't have Market access. I'm surprised that they're making it so difficult to get the Audible app.

citac
12-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh, thank you so much for this! :off to try it:

Xanthe
12-20-2010, 02:43 AM
Got a response back from Audible and one from Amazon (re their MP3 for Android APK). Neither will make their APK's downloadable to a PC from their site and have no plans to do so in the near future. :(

Palladin
12-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks!

claudiakc
03-05-2011, 11:22 PM
I've made the Audible app available in my public Dropbox for the convenience of those in this thread. I'll remove the link soon.

LINK REMOVED
I would certainly appreciate it if you would repost that app. I have tried everything I know to get this app but no success. I have a new tablet and all my books are on audible.

Thanks so very much!

SCION
03-06-2011, 09:01 AM
I would certainly appreciate it if you would repost that app. I have tried everything I know to get this app but no success. I have a new tablet and all my books are on audible.

Thanks so very much!

Here you go. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/com.audible.application.apk

Here's the updated app:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/com.audible.application.update.apk

Let me know if it doesn't work. I pulled it from my tablet using a backup app.

fjtorres
03-22-2011, 08:14 PM
The Audible app is now readily available at the Amazon appstore in the books and comics category.

tubemonkey
03-23-2011, 10:32 AM
The Audible app is now readily available at the Amazon appstore in the books and comics category.

It's also readily available from the Android Market. I just downloaded it.

fjtorres
03-23-2011, 11:37 AM
It's also readily available from the Android Market. I just downloaded it.

Ah, but not every 2.x Tablet (if any) has access to the Google market.
A few months back, that was the only option.

tubemonkey
03-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Ah, but not every 2.x Tablet (if any) has access to the Google market.
A few months back, that was the only option.

Would those tablets be able to load Amazon's appstore?

fjtorres
03-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Would those tablets be able to load Amazon's appstore?

Verily they can.
That was the point of posting in *this* thread.
Amazon is not limiting their reach; their market app runs on anything with android.

ivanjt
03-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Verily they can.
That was the point of posting in *this* thread.
Amazon is not limiting their reach; their market app runs on anything with android.
But only if you are in the US!

Those of us in the remainder of the world are still left out of both Google and Amazon appstores.

fjtorres
03-25-2011, 07:58 AM

Those of us in the remainder of the world are still left out of both Google and Amazon appstores.

Is Audible available outside the US to start with?

peegee
04-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Is Audible available outside the US to start with?
Yes audible.co.uk, audible.de, audible.fr maybe others too ...

grumpy3b
04-07-2011, 10:00 AM

Blame your country or the EU not Google or Amazon. That is why you folks run into these issues.