View Full Version : Six New Android 2.2 Tablets from Augen!

ebsebs
10-08-2010, 11:07 AM
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/07/augen-android-tablet-bonanza-espresso-doppio-dual-boots-ubuntu/

Supposedly being released "this fall". The higher-end tablets sound interesting, especially the Espresso Doppio - dual boot Android 2.2 and Ubuntu with a detachable keyboard/base for $599.

Based on my experience with my TB, which has so much potential but has been riddled with bugs and pretty much ignored by Augen, I am taking this announcement with a very large grain of salt, but we'll see...

jeffcobb
10-11-2010, 01:44 AM
While I would not want to lump all products from a single maker together, the Augen I saw for sale at a local KMart was a cheap POS. Battery life stunk and it was really slow...

kennyc
10-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the link.

It's gonna get interesting out there.

RadioMan52
10-13-2010, 03:03 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/07/augen-android-tablet-bonanza-espresso-doppio-dual-boots-ubuntu/

Supposedly being released "this fall". The higher-end tablets sound interesting, especially the Espresso Doppio - dual boot Android 2.2 and Ubuntu with a detachable keyboard/base for $599.

Based on my experience with my TB, which has so much potential but has been riddled with bugs and pretty much ignored by Augen, I am taking this announcement with a very large grain of salt, but we'll see...

As a owner of two (heavily discounted) TB’s (The Book ) devices I find it funny that Augen is attempting to upscale market devices after leaving some market organizations with a bitter taste after the TB debacle.

As far as the new devices, had one in my hands for about one hour this courtesy of a “buyer” that was asking my opinion this puppy sure looks like a decent china made M003 clone running slightly customized (with Augen name and wallpaper) android 2.1 mind you not the fastest unit but decent performance for a 800 MHz CPU. Had the same free ebook library that was in the abandoned “The Book” device and it included a freeware android ebook reader.
When I asked the price had a good laugh, absolutely ludicrous :rofl: The big book stores have announced their own “official” android offerings that are less then Augen’s and I am sure will be full operational :xmas: unlike Augens previous two offerings :o:smack:

Augen, good luck You WILL NEED IT.:rolleyes: