View Full Version : How to convert a HTML package to epub?

redryder
10-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Hi,

I downloaded an ebook, and it came in a zip file. After extraction, the folder contains a HTML file, and subfolders of JPGs, CSS files, and some others. It looks like what you get when you save a website to the local harddrive.

Is it possible to convert the whole package in Calibre to a single epub file?

AlexBell
10-01-2010, 04:57 AM
Hi,

I downloaded an ebook, and it came in a zip file. After extraction, the folder contains a HTML file, and subfolders of JPGs, CSS files, and some others. It looks like what you get when you save a website to the local harddrive.

It's at least possible that your computer does not recognise epub as a file suffiix. If that is what is happening I suggest that you use the original file - or download it again if you didn't make a backup - and change the suffix from zip to epub, and then see if it will open with your desktop ePub reader.

Hope this helps, Alex

theducks
10-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi,

Just drag the zip file (that contains the HTML objects) into Calibre, then convert.
If your source was decent (and complete), you have an usable EPUB :thumbsup:
Sometimes, a little post-convert help will be needed via Sigil.
MR Your one stop shop :D

DaleDe
10-01-2010, 06:27 PM
It is also possible to open the zip file directly in Sigil in the first place without using Calibre. Just rename it to .epub and feed it to Sigil.

Dale