View Full Version : Metadata

jgray
10-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Which program is best for editing metadata in an existing epub without changing it otherwise? Can the new Calibre explode feature do this, or will it slice/dice and add other information? I know I can do this by hand (and have). I'm just looking for the lazy man's way :)

I sometimes come across epub files that need the metadata tweaked a bit. This is much more common with PDF files, but I have programs to edit their metadata.

Joe

theducks
10-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Which program is best for editing metadata in an existing epub without changing it otherwise? Can the new Calibre explode feature do this, or will it slice/dice and add other information? I know I can do this by hand (and have). I'm just looking for the lazy man's way :)

I sometimes come across epub files that need the metadata tweaked a bit. This is much more common with PDF files, but I have programs to edit their metadata.

Joe

AFAIK
Tweak-EPUB just Explodes and re-assembles.
You have to to the rest of the damage :p (or not)
be sure to use a TEXT editor like Notepad(++) and not a Word processor, that might insert incorrect stuff into the file.
The current Sigil (2.x) has the nasty habit of destroying the current NCX and re-building it from headers, which may not work for your source.