Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Sony Clutch Case works for 350, probably 650

I prefer to use my readers sans case, but put it in a case when not reading. Since Best Buy only had one 350 and no accessories last week, I had to scrounge for a case. Luckily, I had just bought a Sony Clutch case for my Opus, and it works just as well for the 350. Sony advertises that it works for the 300 AND the 600, so it should also fit the 650.

Link: Sony Reader PRSA-CC/W at Sony Style US

It is out of stock in the US. But I've noticed it's on clearance at lots of other web retailers. I bought mine on eBay from TigerDirect.

The stock photos don't do a clear job of showing two of the nicer features -
+ it is incredibly well reinforced and stiff, giving great protection
+ a soft feltish flap covers the opening with the magnetic flap, so none of the device is exposed, which is great for putting in a purse/bag.

My only complaints are:
- the faux leather is very real looking, but since it is white, it will get dingy quickly
- the felt/suede lining leaves fuzz on the touchscreen I'm hoping it stops shedding soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	58868   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	58869  

Last edited by simplyparticular; 09-26-2010 at 10:56 AM.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Fortunately I kept the Case logic case I bought for my 300 when I sold the 300. It is a tad large for the 350, but it will make a great zippered, padded, protective case for travelling. I didn't like the looks of the new 350 leather cover from Sony, not to mention the $35 price, so I bought a 300 Sony leather cover at Best Buy for $10 (liquidation sale), removed the connector spline, and used double-backed tape to secure my 350 inside it.

Too bad Sony is forcing us to improvise so much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	350-cover-03.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	58883  
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
My only complaints are:
- the faux leather is very real looking, but since it is white, it will get dingy quickly
- the felt/suede lining leaves fuzz on the touchscreen I'm hoping it stops shedding soon.
-It looks like a doggone purse, which I wouldn't be seen carrying around!
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
-It looks like a doggone purse, which I wouldn't be seen carrying around!
Well, clutch is a name for a style of purse, so Sony/Case Logic did market it correctly.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Fortunately I kept the Case logic case I bought for my 300 when I sold the 300. It is a tad large for the 350, but it will make a great zippered, padded, protective case for travelling. I didn't like the looks of the new 350 leather cover from Sony, not to mention the $35 price, so I bought a 300 Sony leather cover at Best Buy for $10 (liquidation sale), removed the connector spline, and used double-backed tape to secure my 350 inside it.

Too bad Sony is forcing us to improvise so much.
I just picked up a Case Logic prs-300 case today at Borders for $3.98 on clearance (it was originally marked 29.99) so it might be worth checking there for new 350 owners.

It was exactly what I was looking for. A (relatively) hard case to storing and lugging the reader around. i don't have any urge to use a cover or case while I'm reading.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert