View Full Version : General Discussions
- realized how vital B & N is.
- CNET: Retina Display iPad vs. e-ink Kindle: Which do I prefer for reading?
- Literacy Programs and the Indie Author
- The screw that changed the world ...
- Posting by voice
- Back list vs. New release
- How to read metadata (book description) from ipad or kindle?
- Listing of usual metatags?
- I'm curious -a authors selling directly to readers
- Whatever happened to the "Book print vending machine"
- Books: Bits vs. Atoms
- Combination of physical payment and distribution via email?
- Would you ever buy a book that is in the Kindle KDP program
- A Monopoly is Not Necessarily Bad
- What's the name of that book drop thing?
- 1934 Price-fixing and US DOJ lawsuit
- Feedbooks gone to the dogs?
- The Ethics of Typesetting
- Copyright question: died with no heirs
- WolframAlpha Analyzes Shakespeare
- Overdrive and MP3 files
- Replacing your reader
- Geographical Restrictions Question
- What about Borders?
- Are Apps the Future of Book Publishing
- Used bookstores, harbors of piracy?
- Why doesn't Mobileread get into publishing?
- My ideal e-Reader
- editors review
- Does micro sd speed matter?
- Ereaders and Tracking
- Are you waiting for the DOJ settlement?
- Where is the June Analog on Fictionwise?
- Is this right?
- Priority changes
- Thinking About a kindle - But What Of My Existing Library
- E-book hardware rant at The Reg
- People Recognize my Ereader ... Can I Pretend its a Geiger Counter?
- Branding: Does the publisher matter to you?
- Prologue Books: Pulp and Noir
- Artful Reinvention of Asa Carter as author Forrest Carter.
- What are your favorite ebookstores for ADE epubs?
- Help! Can you run Calibre on Mac OS 10.5.8?
- Pricing the e-books from the "Big 3"
- Crash and burn
- Sony ebook SD card sharing
- Kopimism, Sweden's Pirate Religion, Begins to Plunder America
- Goodreads question.
- Thank you, thank you Dropbox Users!
- Ebookreader in wood?
- Font Size on New Books Is Too Small!
- Library borrowing/returning
- “Why I break DRM on e-books”: A publishing exec speaks out
- Everything You Need to Know about the Hugo Award
- Which book do you consistenly postpone to read?
- Most Highlighted Passages of All Time
- Click / Digital Planet ebook special
- Amazon Prime...
- Are Children's Books Doomed?
- 16 bit VS. 32 bit
- Selling ebooks in bookshops
- Reader Abreviations
- When You See the Initials "KT" What Do You Think Of?
- NYT goes trolling - "Adults shouldn't read read YA fiction"
- ebook pricing
- Amazon's upsetting the publishers again
- The Guardian on Is science fiction literature's first international language?
- Creative Commons CC BY-SA: commercial use question
- Is WhisperSync getting a little sloppy?
- What was the first e-book you read and on what device?
- Calling all NZers!! Can YOU find Penguin Australia ebooks for purchase???
- Do you judge a book by its cover?
- electronic format only
- Royal Society Launches Picture Library
- Harper Collins doing some price experimenting????
- 2012 Locus Award Finalists
- "Cannot connect to server" error in ADE
- Interesting Op-Ed Piece about the St Louis County Library
- Fifty Shades - "We Deserve Better"
- Why do old books smell? It's the smell of death.
- Can't read 100 this year? Try 5!
- Format comparison
- epub Background image on iPad2
- How to make a font darker (semibold)
- Are eReaders Really Green?
- Nice, but as long as there are readers there will be...
- better models in the next future?
- DRM alters formatting? [Ans: No, Kobo does]
- BPH Accounting Shennanigans
- Ebooks for Libraries - A Petition
- Spam as MobileRead private message
- sleeping disorders e-ink related..
- How close are we to the 50% threshold? (ebook 50% of fiction books sold)
- My Very First Library Book
- Whither SF?
- Annotating DRM'd content
- From Dear Author: Digital first boosts total sales...
- Is there a way to......
- Google books....
- How many free books have you read?
- HarperCollins uses Sigil
- Is this a pirate site?
- Does anyone have any updated numbers
- El Paso Museum of Art is also a Public Library
- What are derivative devices in literature
- What do you use Calibre For?
- How can I search Smashwords more effectively?
- ebub ebooks
- The used pbook conundrum
- Overdrive: ebooks for K-12 schools
- Return rate: Android vs. iOS
- Am I Weird for disliking first person books?
- nook kids
- Ebook reader news source
- Harry Potter on Kindle Prime Lending Library
- Can non-DRM ePub books be read on a DRM-ePub device?
- FBReader and Highlighted material
- Let's hope this doesn't catch on with ebboks
- 2012 Campbell Award Finalists
- What's next?
- The Avengers/Maurice Sendak fan art
- Bathtime reading
- Is the American Novel Dead?
- Books We Lie About Having Read
- Battery-powered book a surprise hit
- a reader survey
- Column width in general and at Amazon in particular
- The National Archives Releases Latest Catalogue
- E-Readers in the movies
- No Amazon Sales Rankings? 9:30CST 05/15/02
- Amazon's 2nd Annual "Most Well-Read Cities in America"
- Amazon Killed The Book Reviewer Star
- Amazon searching
- how to share ebooks i bought
- 4 Kindle, apps numbers ?
- audio file
- ebook cover software?
- A Fairer Fair Use?
- Large format readers, less user friendly
- Amazon's self-published success stories
- Wireless or Tethered? Are You a Cylon?
- Audio interview with Heather Reisman of Chapters-Indigo
- Amazons KDP, $2.48 per download
- Hachette Back in Some Libraries w/ Frontlist Titles
- CNET: Amazon explores new business models for content
- New OverDrive Apps for Android & iOS
- Sports Book of the Year - UK
- Robert Moog's Birthday
- What’s Going on in the Mexican E-Book Market?
- E-book readers as stand alone device
- Is digital copyright incompatible with technology and / or democracy?
- Book Reviews: Populism vs. Edification/Initiation
- I just.... can't.
- Will Amazon ever start a Neflix for ebooks?
- How do I get an ebook autographed?
- Application for Indexing e-books for a web site?
- Pages... Do we need them
- Business models of e-book suppliers
- Are you using your reader to hide your reading habits?
- Pollen - should I worry?
- Help Stop eBook Censorship
- Prepaid Cards to protect Credit Card
- Best Book Review Sites?
- Book Places in the Digital Age
- Copyright Question
- 50 Shades of Grey sex classes
- What is piracy?
- Do you include web fiction as part of your Goodreads Reading Challenge?
- The future of bookshelves
- Paperback vs. digital
- Books where the main character keeps a secret from the reader?
- Copyright Math
- Best ebook price comparison?
- Andre Norton in the public domain?
- Holiday Weekend Reads~
- My reading pattern
- Where can I get DRM e-library software?
- A Book Prize & the Pullitzer ......
- P.S. ?
- How many books should you read to become fluent in a second language?
- Calling all robots to action!
- Windows 8 preview now available...
- Kobo Touch in cold weather
- The Nation: the Amazon Effect
- Overdrive coming to MY Library :-)
- Print is still overvalued?
- From The Nation: The Amazon effect
- Kindle to Nook search and replace blunder
- How come there are only a few manga on the Kindle Store?
- Motorola launches triple-SIM MOTOKEY 3-CHIP for Brazil
- "you've just gotta read this!"
- People with Kindles are like robots in another world
- EReader owners are more likely to buy and read books...
- Any problems with tools 5.1?
- Digitizing Coffee Table Books
- Samsung Galaxy S III for Verizon keeps its design intact
- Good spelling still matters
- How does Karma / Reputation work?
- AT&T will open the SGS III pre-order books on June 6 as well
- Are public libraries inadequate?
- I've been Nookd :-)
- Windows Phone Marketplace reached 100,000 app submissions
- Libraries Demand Better eBook Services
- Rebate Promotions?
- In Search of Pirates (article)
- E Ink vs Paper
- How do you maintain and backup your ebook library?
- Read Asset Folder
- Discoverability: Where did you find that book?
- Do you think your reading tastes evolve
- Big time authors not happy either
- E-book Complaints Thread
- Periodic ereader cleanup
- Do you still buy books printed on paper?
- Convert iPad eBook to Nook Using calibre
- The biggest threat to publishing isn’t Amazon; it’s Angry Birds
- Spelling anomalies
- Adobe Digital Editions
- Simon & Schuster surprised me.
- Can Caibre output a report?
- Alan Hunter - George Gently.
- How Amazon squeezes authors
- FireFox epub addon
- Want to make audio book vodcasts
- The Book Cover Archive
- Asset Folder Reading File Not found Exception Error
- How does one know if an image is public domain?
- Ack! About to buy a dead tree book!
- Japanese "Mobileread"
- New State Law Put ISPs and Libraries at Risk
- Ridley Scott hates ebooks!
- nook tablet
- Social reading?
- Reading Rainbow is Back: Can it Do for the iPad What it Did for TV?
- Digital vocabulary
- Losing Wedding Ring Less Stressful Than Losing Mobile Device
- Alternatives to Audible?
- Penguin & 3M Test eBook Pilot at NYPL & BPL
- Your Features in Text to Speech Software
- Do you use Evernote etc to keep book type info in?
- Ebookreader in Budapest
- Reading stats
- An Observation on Fonts - Improving readability by using *bold* versions of fonts
- E-Paper Writing Tablet
- Academic ePublishing
- Brazil prisoners reading books to shorten their sentences
- Has the internet leads to natural monopolies and will it be different for ebooks?